Sunday, May 13, 2012

"one person's craziness is another person's reality" -tim burton

The many faces of The Nightmare Before Christmas




A few days ago, I went to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the Cinémathèque Francais. My friends had been raving about it, and while I wasn't sure just how into Burton I was, I figured I might as well go and maybe learn something. What I learned was that I love Tim Burton. He really is a creative genius, with a fabulous sense of humor and incredibly diverse talent. The exhibit featured everything from his early sketches, to his work for Disney, to the angora sweater Johnny Depp wore in Ed Wood. The exhibit was brilliantly executed and not in the least bit boring. Even the most interesting exhibits have been known to cause my head to nod, but I was actually sad to leave. Unfortunately I had assignments and studying to do back at home, so I couldn't stay as long as I wanted to. However, I did learn a lot and I am adding another thing to my summer to-do list: watch more Tim Burton films! I may have developed a new pop culture obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment